After his departure from public office in 2016, Zaazou returned to the private sector as a consultant working with a number of international and local prestigious organizations.
Lately, he was appointed on October 2017, as the special adviser for the Secretary-General of the UNWTO (UN World Tourism Organization) by his H.E Dr. Taleb Refaaii.
Currently, Zaazou holds the following posts:
- Chairman of Z solutions, a tourism investment and advisory joined stock company.
- Chairman of Marina Management Company (a multiple billion dollar investment in the Egyptian Mediterranean Coast.
- President & founding member of 1st node ( Network for organizational development and exchange )
- Board member of ODE ( Orascom development Egypt ) Owner of the famous El Gouna Development
- Board Member of the newly formed Egyptian Council for Tourism affairs ( Think Tank )
- Governor & Board Member of the Mediterranean Tourism Foundation (MTF) in Malta.
- Board member of the counsel of the faculty of tourism – Fayoum university
- Board member of the African tourism board ( ATB )
- Board member of the middle east travel and tourism development network ( Jordan )
- Above among others
Hisham Zaazou was appointed by the leading party of Egypt Mostakbal Watn ( Nation future ), as assistant chairman of the tourism comity of the party (the party that holds the majority of the seats in the current Egyptian parliament.)
Beside his Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting from the University of Ain Shams in Cairo, Zaazou earned a specialized Certificate in PPP. (Public Private Partnership) from Harvard Kennedy Business School, MBA & PhD from the international business Academy (IBA Delaware, USA)
Verificaiton Code : PHD00012407EGY
Zaazou, who attended many seminars and workshops both locally, regionally and internationally in the field of tourism was the first Egyptian Travel Pioneer that specialized in Green Tourism projects and the first to head the Green Tourism Unit at the Ministry of Tourism as well as Green related projects, he was the Ministry of Tourism representative for the mobilization of the Dahshour World Heritage site for community development project a model for development of cultural and natural dimension with a social perspective in partnership with UN agencies (lead by UNDP). He was also the Head of the Supreme Committee for transforming Sharm El Sheikh into a green the city.
Zaazou served on the boards of various prestigious associations including the Egyptian Tourism Federation, Egyptian Tourism Authority, Tourism Development Authority, and the Arab Tourism Organization, in addition to being a member of The UNWTO, Affiliate members (Vice Chairman of the Business Council 2006 to 2008), and was chosen as the supervisor of the Arab tourism strategy by the council of the Arab ministers of tourism in 2014 … among others.
Zaazou earned several awards from different organization such as
- The International Public Relations Associations (IPRA)- Paris man of the year (2013).https://www.ipra.org/news/press-room/egypts-tourism-minister-receives-ipra-presidents-award/
- He has been selected as the best minister of tourism worldwide in March 2014 (Patwa ITB-BERLIN).
- Received QTA’s Award in 2014
- Received the memorial shield in 14.2.2014 to say thanks to the Egyptian tourism minister from The Federation of Italian tour operators (Astoi) for his efforts in tourism field in such difficult time for Egypt
- The Best Development Award in 2015 from German Travel Industry Club.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21xivuyZfU
- Zaazou was awarded by Mr. Thomas Boesl, President of Germany’s leading travel agency organization, the Quality Travel Alliance (QTA) recognizing his outstanding contribution to improve the image of Egypt as an attractive tourist destination for German Tourists.The QTA has grown to include nearly 8,000 German travel agencies through a network of partnerships and cooperation agreements between different travel agency chains. Their combined revenues increased by 3% to €4.3 billion this year.