After his departure from public office in 2016, Zaazou returned to the private sector as a consultant working with a number of international and local prestigious organizations.
Lately, he was appointed on October 2017, as the special adviser for the Secretary-General of the UNWTO (UN World Tourism Organization) by his H.E Dr. Taleb Refaaii.
Currently, Zaazou holds the following posts:
- Chairman of Z solutions, a tourism investment and advisory company (LLC)
- Chairman of orient hotels ( owning company of 2 hotels in Hurghada with more than 1300 rooms
- Board member of Misr hotel company ( ownings company of the Nile Ritz Cairo )
- President &founding member of 1st node Berlin ( Network for organizational development and exchange )
- Board member of ODE ( Orascom development Egypt ) Owner of the famous El Gouna Development
- Board Member of the newly formed Egyptian Council for Tourism affairs ( Think Tank )
- Governor & Board Member of the Mediterranean Tourism Foundation (MTF) in Malta.
- Board member of the African tourism board ( ATB )
- Board member of the middle east travel and tourism development network ( Jordan )
- Board member for Italian company domina coral bay ( Sharm el sheikh )
- Board member of Expotech Egypt branch ( the leading expedition industry company of Germany ).
- Above among others
Zaazou earned several awards from different organization such as
- The International Public Relations Associations (IPRA)- Paris man of the year (2013).https://www.ipra.org/news/press-room/egypts-tourism-minister-receives-ipra-presidents-award/
- He has been selected as the best minister of tourism worldwide in March 2014 (Patwa ITB-BERLIN).
- Received QTA’s Award in 2014
- Received the memorial shield in 14.2.2014 to say thanks to the Egyptian tourism minister from The Federation of Italian tour operators (Astoi) for his efforts in tourism field in such difficult time for Egypt
- The Best Development Award in 2015 from German Travel Industry Club.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K21xivuyZfU
- Zaazou was awarded by Mr. Thomas Boesl, President of Germany’s leading travel agency organization, the Quality Travel Alliance (QTA) recognizing his outstanding contribution to improve the image of Egypt as an attractive tourist destination for German Tourists.The QTA has grown to include nearly 8,000 German travel agencies through a network of partnerships and cooperation agreements between different travel agency chains. Their combined revenues increased by 3% to €4.3 billion this year.